Skip to main content

Love vs Passion


Everything seems so different
As I wake up next to you
Last night was meant to happen
One thing that both of us knew

There is a smile on us both
Its all wrong but seems so right
The birds seem to chant a tune
The sun seems to shine more bright

It may have been hunger and thirst
But every touch cast a spell
A splash of feelings strike me hard
Is love included I can't tell

Your hands ruffle my hair
As it begins to slightly rain
It all seems so neat and perfect
Washing away the guilt and the pain

Is this magic only for now
Will this moment ever repeat
We both seem to nod a yes
As we cuddle in each others heat

You look deep into my blackened eyes
Is that love that I see?
No please don't do that to me
For me, love it can never be

Why don't we just live this day
Let us untie all the strings
I just want to lie with you
As you breathe out our smoke rings

When you reach for my lips
My toes curl and I feel a chill
As you sniff down my neck
My bloods warms up with the thrill

You infuse life into me
It very well seems worth the cost
In this unsaid battle with passion
Love somewhere seems to have lost

P.S: This post is inspired by the movie 'Murder 2'

Comments

  1. Either your words are magical or I have watched too many Bollywood flicks, I could visualize the environment in which I could hear someone speaking these unspoken words.

    I am not sure if I can imagine Love without Passion and neither I am sure if I can imagine Passion without Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Murder 2 can inspire someone.. a baffling thought, nevertheless I love the passionate emotions.

    Weakest Link:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful & Passionate! Good Work Soumya :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You look deep into my blackened eyes
    Is that love that I see?
    No please don't do that to me
    For me, love it can never be"

    a moment glorified and dignified...the above phrase itself speaks the intensity..

    no more words. as they fell short to emotions...

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome :)
    passion after a night's togetherness and the subsequent instability of feelings portrayed perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strangely, I saw that movie today.

    So is it love, need or just a habit? :D
    Do let me know when you know for sure.

    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love within passion doesnt exist, nor does indefinite passion without love

    You can call it lust.

    Awesome lines girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @alchemist,
    This came inspired by a bollywood flick :P. Love and passion are totally different. They can co-exist, but that need not be the case always.

    @Rachit,
    Baffling yeah? I was just thinking from the lady's point of view. Thank you so much :)

    @Sonia,
    Thank you my dear :)

    @Bhargav,
    Wow! Thank you so much :)

    @Indumathy,
    Thank you and welcome to my blog :)

    @BA,
    There you are. You did not comment on my most important previous post :(

    I'll let you know when I'm sure. Right now its just a confusion :D

    @Red Handed,
    You said it right. Love within passion doesn't exist. I'm a bit clear in the mind now. No, its not lust. Its a step ahead of that.

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmm... your comment triggered me look up web to find correlation between love and passion.

    And I found this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangular_theory_of_love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved it. THe never ending bafflement of the lines between love and passion or more appropriately lust.

    Tooo good.

    Btw murder 2 was nice no? Though it was meant to be a thriller flick I was laughing throughout. Yes I am crazy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @alchemist,
    I loved your post on that!

    @Nia Charms,
    Thank you so much. I know, I found the movie unintentionally funny too :)

    @Ashwini,
    Hey welcome to my blog! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a post.
    Superb.
    Incredible.
    Mindblowing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Passion it is for now as I do not know what love is. :)

    Nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhh full of passion ,love this ! There is a smile on us both
    Its all wrong but seems so right...love this line!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Ratan,
    Thank you so much.

    @MothSmokeLover,
    Welcome to my blog and thank you so much :)

    @Vyankatesh,
    Thank you.

    @Angel,
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow ! Loved it..beautifully written.

    Thx for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Sugar Cube,
    Thanks and you're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Just like me, say what you feel. While constructive criticism is welcome, please keep it subtle and kind. Thank you!